The term ‘Sic Bo’ can be loosely translated as a pair of dice. This is also the name of a now rather popular game at online casinos in Singapore. Supposedly, it originated in China. But unlike its modern counterpart, the game was initially played using bricks, an overturned bowl and two plates.
One of the reasons why Sic Bo attracts many Singaporeans is because it is very easy to play. Moreover, it is a game that depends entirely on chance and thus it’s beginner friendly. In a nutshell, this game involves wagering on a series of results emerging from three rolled dice. If you’d like to find out more, we’ve got you covered with this complete guide to playing Sic Bo.
Play Sic Bo at a Top Online Casino in Singapore in 2023:
|1||Maxim88 Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 200% Up To 500SGD||Claim Bonus|
|2||me88 Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 200% Up To 1000 SGD||Claim Bonus|
|3||96M Casino Review||288% Welcome Bonus Challenge up to SGD2,880||Claim Bonus|
|4||22Bet Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To 500SGD||Claim Bonus|
|5||Kryptosino Casino Review||Welcome bonus 100% up to $500 Wager Free||Claim Bonus|
|6||GemBet Casino Review||100% Slots Welcome Bonus Up to SGD 600||Claim Bonus|
|7||B88 Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 150% up to SGD688||Claim Bonus|
|8||96ACE Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 150% up to SGD388||Claim Bonus|
|9||K9Win Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To $688||Claim Bonus|
|10||BK8 Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 150%||Claim Bonus|
Brief History of the Game
Sic Bo is an ancient Chinese game that has survived the test of time. Initially, it was played using really anything – stones, bricks, wooden objects, etc. But somewhere between the 1920s and 1940s, Chinese migrants took the game to the United States. Of course, both the Americans and the British made some changes along the way. That is how the version of Sic Bo we know today came about. But nonetheless, the main concept is still there.
Nowadays, thanks to modern technology you can play from your mobile device, too. Although Sic Bo is not the most popular casino game, it is still very fun. Additionally, if you choose to play with real money, you can get some decent payouts.
The Rules of Sic Bo
If you are new to Sic Bo, it is essential that you understand the rules beforehand. But thankfully they are very simple and straightforward, so anyone can play. Basically, there are three dice that are rolled in front of you. So, your only task is to place a wager on the outcome and if you’re correct – you profit.
When playing Sic Bo, bets are placed directly on the appropriate area on the layout. However, there are 50 different types of bets and it can be a bit overwhelming. In order to go over those together, we should first get familiar with the game flow itself.
How to Play Sic Bo
Sic Bo is one of the simplest casino games to play. Regardless of whether you play at an online or land-based casino, the game always involves a table with three dice. Essentially, the objective is to place successful bets on one of the many options indicated on the mat.
In other words, if you guess correctly the outcome of rolling the dice – you win. All the winning bets are then paid out based on their corresponding odds. After that the second round begins. Here are the stages of an online Sic Bo game:
- Bet on the result you expect by placing chips on the appropriate spot on the table.
- Roll the virtual dice by clicking on the “Roll” button.
- Collect your winnings and start over if you wish.
|1||K9Win Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To $688||Claim Bonus|
Bet Types and Payouts
There are numerous types of bets you can place during an online Sic Bo game. However, you can begin by learning just a few. Here are some of the most common ones and their payouts:
- Small Bets: The total score in small bets is between 4 and 10, excluding the triple. This bet has odds of 1:1 and a house edge of 2.8%.
- Big Bets: Similar to small bets, the total score is between 11 and 17, excluding the triple. It has odds of 1:1 and a house edge of 2.8%.
- Odd Bets: The total score in this bet should be an odd number, with the exception of a triple. It has odds of 1:1 and a probability of 48.6%.
- Totals Bet: This is the most popular type of wager. It requires you to bet on the sum of all three dice. The possible numbers in this bet range from 4 to 17. Moreover, the payouts vary based on the total bet on. For example, a total of 4 and 17 has a payout of 62.1.
- Single Number Bets: There are 6 betting areas marked on a Sic Bo table. The payouts for the single number bet are – 1 number (pays 1:1), 2 numbers (pays 2:1), or 3 numbers (pays 3:1).
- Specific Double Bets: In this case, you are betting that a pair will appear when the dice is rolled. For example, let’s say you bet on a double four. If the result is a 4, 6 and another 4 – you win because there’s a pair.
- Any Triple Bets: This is a simple type of bet where you wager on getting triples. It has a payout of 24:1 and the odds can reach 35:1.
- Specific Triple Bets: In Specific Triple bets, a specific number should appear on all three dice. For example, you could bet on getting three dice showing the number two. The probability for this bet is 0.46% and odds of 180:1.
Sic Bo Glossary
There are a few terms that you will come across when playing Sic Bo. Obviously, before starting your journey you should get familiar with those. In order to help you in becoming a knowledgeable player, we’ve compiled a list of a few of the most common terms you need to know about.
- Betting Table: This is the area where you place your chips and bet on the outcome of the rolled dice.
- Cage: This is a small container where you shake the dice before rolling.
- Clear: To ‘clear’ in Sic Bo means to cancel or clear your bet.
- Re-Bet: It means placing a bet of the same value as the previous one.
- Chips: These are tokens used to represent money in online and offline casinos.
- Bet Limit: The minimum and maximum amount of money you are allowed to bet on is the bet limit.
- Chuck-a-Luck: This is simply another name for the Sic Bo game.
- Grand Hazard: Grand Hazard is a British game, similar to Sic Bo. But they’re not the same.
|1||1xSlots Casino Review||Welcome Package Up To 2125 SGD + 150 FS||Claim Bonus|
Play Sic Bo Online
There are several factors you should consider when sourcing a good online casino to play Sic Bo at. Although this is a guide on finding a Sic Bo playing destination, these factors apply to the casino searching process for any purpose. In fact, we consider all of these when we create our casino reviews.
Bonuses and Promotions
Surely all players want to get the most out of their investments when visiting a gaming site. Hence, it is worth looking for a casino that rewards you more than the competition. Great bonuses, promotions, and other special offers are a wonderful way to stretch your cash. However, you must also consider the terms and conditions. Especially the wagering requirements are something to pay attention to before you accept any offers.
Security and Safety
Nobody wants a third party to access their personal information or financial data. In order to avoid that, choose a safe and secure casino site that protects you using advanced security systems like SSL software. Also, the games must be tested by independent firms like eCOGRA. Otherwise, the results may be unfair.
Range of Games
Everybody likes having many options, but it’s not just about choice. It is a sign of a good casino if there’s a big variety of games. Look for the classics first, such as slots, table games, and live dealer variations. Additionally, it’s even better if your casino allows you to test the games in free mode before committing real money.
We are all busy and always on the go these days. But this doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a quick round of games in between everything else. A good online casino certainly will be compatible with different devices, including mobile. Even better if they have an app, too.
Bad software providers mean bad graphics, biased RNGs, and therefore subpar gaming experience. In order to ensure having a great time, look for a decent variety of reputable software providers. Most importantly, mobile browser accessibility and instant play should be a priority.
When it comes to payment options at online casinos – the more, the merrier. In order to ensure there won’t be any hiccups during transactions, look for a decent array of banking options. Normally, casinos will support quite a few payment methods. Deposits and withdrawals can be done with debit and credit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and cryptocurrencies. Although often you can also use mobile payments, too.
There’s nothing worse than running into a problem and there’s no one to help you. Remember to always research the quality of customer service at your casino. Basically, look for support in a language you speak that’s 24/7 and of course different communication channels. Most casinos have options like email, live chat, and telephone.
Live Dealer Sic Bo
Sometimes just playing with a computer isn’t fun. Especially when you’re missing the land-based casino experience, having an operator that offers live dealer games will be neat. On a similar note, live casino games are a sign of a great casino. But when it comes to playing Sic Bo live, don’t forget to place bets within the given time frame.
Tips and Strategy
Although Sic Bo is a game that requires no skill and is entirely based on chance, there are a few things you can do. After all, the strategy is not just for poker players. Hence, you may boost your odds of winning by following these simple tips:
- Practice Sic Bo in free mode before playing for real money.
- Start playing with the simple bets first and then go to the advanced ones.
- Only wager on the payouts you are familiar with.
- Place wagers with a low house edge.
- Don’t place bets in too many areas.
- Try to avoid wagers that cancel each other.
- Never bet what you cannot afford to lose.
- Set your budget and stick to it.
Although Sic Bo may not be as popular as roulette, blackjack, and craps, it is still worth playing nonetheless. It is a simple and straightforward game that doesn’t need any skills to play. Hence, it is quickly gaining popularity since it was released in land-based casinos.
Today, it is not only popular in Asian countries but all over the world. However, we highly recommend that you take the time to learn the rules before you start playing for real money. But now that you are familiar with the game of Sic Bo, you can try out your luck at any reputable online casino in Singapore. Alternatively, have a look at our other guides and find the right game for you.
Yes, you can play Sic Bo online at nearly any casino, either for fun or real money.
A Sic Bo cage is the cup where the dice are placed before they are rolled.
The best betting options in Sic Bo for beginners are Small or Big bets, but the payouts are not very big.
The highest betting options in Sic Bo are Small, Big and Combination bets as they have a house edge of 2.7%.
Yes, there are different variations of live dealer casino games, such as Sic Bo, Super Sic Bo, Mega Sic Bo, Sic Bo Deluxe, and many others.
Yes, you can play Sic Bo on mobile devices by downloading a casino app or through a standard web browser.
|1||Maxim88 Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 200% Up To 500SGD||Claim Bonus|