Online blackjack wields an impact like no other card game at the casinos. The game’s charm goes beyond the green felt and through books, films, and TV shows. It’s a game that has come to symbolize a certain mishmash of strategy, intuition, and skill, qualities that only the best and daring players can truly command.
Despite being a game that requires more skill and strategy than most of the other casino games, taking your baby steps in the fast-paced world of this beautiful card game doesn’t have to be a daunting or nerve wracking experience. The game’s larger-than-life reputation is determined by a set of basic rules, which you’ll be well acquainted by the time you are done reading our online blackjack guide.
|1||Dingo Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% up to 4000$ + 200 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|2||WhiteLion Casino Review||Welcome Package up to €3500 + 50 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|3||1xBet Casino Review||Welcome Bonus €1500 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|4||JellyBean Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 300% up to $2000+50 Free Spins||100% first deposit bonus of up to $1,000||Claim Bonus|
|5||Enzo Casino Review||250% Up To 1500 Euro + 25 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|6||Golden Lion Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 200% Up To $2000||Claim Bonus|
|7||1xSlots Casino Review||Welcome Package up to €1500 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|8||Unique Casino Review||Welcome Bonus 100% Up To $300 + 20 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|9||Omni Slots Casino Review||Welcome offer €500 Bonus + 70 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
|10||OrientXpress Casino Review||Get Up To €800 + 100 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
The History of Blackjack
Despite being the player’s favourite skill game globally, the origin of casino blackjack is somewhat muddled – with multiple sources suggesting that there was a similar game played by ancient Chinese, Egypt and Romans even before cards were invented.
Substantial information suggests that a form of blackjack variant known as Veintiuna or One and Thirty were the origin of the modern day casino blackjack. These popular Spanish card games have so many similarities with the modern day version of blackjack because they were played using the Spanish Baraja deck.
However, the closest relation to modern day casino blackjack game was the popular French game Vingt-et-un where the player’s objective was to get to 21 without holding more than three cards. Even though the modern day game has switched to the objective of beating the house, Vingt-et-un is the closest variation to blackjack.
When the French started migrating to America, they took Vingt-et-un with them, making it their favourite pass time. However, the popularity of the game didn’t skyrocket until when Las Vegas legalized gambling. From here, the game evolved into the form its popularly known today, spreading from the strip to other countries such as Singapore.
Today, there are multiple ways to play casino blackjack, both at the brick and mortar casinos or tucked in bed on your smartphone.
How to Play Blackjack – Game Rules & Objective
Now that you know a brief history of blackjack, how do you start playing this game at the casinos? Well, it’s not complicated at all. Here’s a quick breakdown of how you can play blackjack online.
- Step 1: You need to identify an online casino of your choice, sign up and make a real money deposit
- Step 2: Place your desired amount of chips on the green felt of the table. Take note that there’s usually a minimum and maximum amount that you must abide by when wagering. Go through each game’s rules to get these figures
- Step 3: Once every player has placed his/her bet, the dealer will distribute the cards – for the live casino setting. If you are playing the software based game, the casino will deal the cards after which you’ll decide to take any of the following actions:
Online Blackjack Actions
- Hit: When you decide to hit, you are simply taking extra cards from the house. You can hit as many times as possible provided you don’t go over the 21 value
- Stand: If you are satisfied with your hand value, you can decide not to take any more cards. So you stand! Other terms used to describe standing include ‘stick’, ‘stay’ or ‘stand pat’
- Split: You can only split your hand if the first two cards dealt are a pair. Once you’ve split your hand, you are playing them as two separate hands, hence you’ll have to place an extra bet, equivalent to the value of the first bet
- Double Down: When you choose to double down, you are simply opting to double your bet. After that, you are dealt with one more extra card and automatically stand
- Take Insurance: Taking insurance is only possible when the dealer’s upcard is an Ace. So, when you take this bet, you are simply predicting that the dealer’s ‘hole’ card (the face down card) will result in a blackjack (or natural). If the hole card results into a natural, the house will pay out at odds of 3:2, otherwise, you lose your bet.
|1||1xSlots Casino Review||Welcome Package up to €1500 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
How Do You Know You’ve Won?
Once you are done making your move, the dealer or house will make their move. They’ll also hit or draw according to a specific set of rules before unveiling the final results.
You Are A Winner If:
- The value of your hand is higher than that of the dealer but hasn’t exceeded 21. For instance, if you have an Ace valued at 11 and a 9 card, while the dealer has a total of 18
- The dealer’s hand value is more than 21. For this case, we say they have bust and you automatically become a winner if your hand value is below 21
You Are A Loser If:
- The value of your hand is more than 21. For this case, we say you’ve bust and the house wins regardless of whether they have a 21 or not
- The dealer’s hand has a higher value than yours
Types of Blackjack Online – Top Three Popular Blackjack Games Online
With online blackjack being the most popular card game, there are several variants that you can pick from. It’s, therefore, a good thing to have a good idea of the most popular online blackjack Singapore games, besides the classic game.
- Spanish 21: This variation of blackjack allows for a more flexible approach to the rules. While playing it, there are no 10 value cards in the deck and you can also double down any number of cards
- 21st Century Blackjack: It’s a variation that’s played using multiple decks. It allows you to take turns at being the dealer for a number of hands
- Super Fun 21: As the name suggests, it’s a fun game to play as it allows you to split your hand up to a maximum of four times
How do You Pick A Blackjack Game
There are several factors that you need to consider whenever you are picking a blackjack game. They include:
- Your bankroll: It’s always advisable that you play a blackjack game that matches your bankroll. One that can let you play as much as 20 hands without going ‘broke’
- Number of Decks Involved: The number of decks plays a very big role when picking a blackjack game. If you want to use the card counting strategy, always go for games that use fewer decks
- Consider The House Edge: The house edge simply refers to the advantage that a blackjack game has. The lesser the house edge, the better and more entertaining the game
- Look At Other Tiny Aspects: These include the availability of progressive jackpots, side bets and other additions that make the game more entertaining
|1||1xBet Casino Review||Welcome Bonus €1500 + 150 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
Helpful Tips to Play Blackjack Online
As we’ve already stated, this beautiful game is one of the rare games at the casinos that’s one part strategy and one part odds. This means that the game attracts all sorts of players, ranging from the newbies to the seasoned pros.
But it doesn’t matter what class or category you fall in. Whether this is your first time playing the game or you’ve been playing the game for years, using some tips will definitely help you increase your winning chances. Here are a few tips to get you through the gameplay.
- Have A Budget And Stick To It: Any savvy player knows the secret to win at the casino is to try and extend one’s gameplay for as long as possible. And one way of doing this is by having a feasible bankroll management plan. Stick to the plan regardless of whether you are winning or losing
- Pick A Table That Offers Low Minimum Bets: Whether you have the cash to splash or you are strapped for money, this is always the recommended play. Always pick a table offering minimum bets that are not more than 5% of your bankroll
- Play Blackjack Online For Free: Did you know that all the software based games can be played for free before committing any real cash? The free to play mode has the same rules as the real money mode. Which is why it’s always advisable that you play the game for free to familiarize yourself with the rules and perfect a strategy before committing any cash
- Use Blackjack Charts and Blackjack Strategies When Playing: You can always research optimum strategy and blackjack charts online. Ensure you learn these rules in-depth before using them at the tables.
There are basically two aspects of any successful blackjack game. Luck is, as you’d expect, one of them as neither the dealer nor you have much influence over how the cards will be shuffled.
The other crucial aspect is the strategy. Because there are so many cards in the classic deck, you can practice how to play your hands and improve your odds of winning using blackjack strategies. Blackjack strategies are categorized as follows.
- Basic Blackjack Strategy: They mostly dictate how you should play the game. When to hit, stand, double down or split your hands
- Blackjack Strategy Chart: This is a chart that you can also use to know when to hit, stand, split, or double down. The chats are readily available online
- Card Counting Strategy: It has been considered as one of the most successful strategies in blackjack. You can easily use it when playing live blackjack
- Money Management Strategies: These strategies are in place to ensure that your bankroll stays for as long as possible. They include the popular martingale, D’Almbert, and Fibonacci strategies
Offline vs. Online Blackjack
What is the difference between offline and online blackjack gaming?
In plain language, offline gaming involves playing the game at the brick and mortar establishments. The online game is just a version of the brick and mortar casino, only that you’ll be playing it at over the internet. This offers plenty of benefits and advantages, which you can fully capitalize on. For instance:
- There are plenty of bonuses to pick from
- Online gaming offers you convenience and freedom. You can pick from a myriad of games, and play them wherever you feel like
- Profitability at online establishments is much higher when compared to the land based establishments
- The legislative restrictions at the land based casinos tend to be firm as compared to the online scene.
Live Blackjack Vs Online Blackjack
Live blackjack is basically a replica of the land based casino version, played from through your phone. The games are streamed straight from a brick and mortar casino or studios, showing the dealers dealing the hands in a real-time live casino mode. The game offers several advantages to the online blackjack game. They include:
- It introduces the realism aspect of casino gaming to blackjack. You get to see the action as it unfolds
- You can chat with the dealers as well as other players seated at the table through the live chat feature
- Bet behind feature lets you bet on other players seated at the table, without having to be part of the action. You can bet on all the players, increasing your winning opportunity
- The only significant disadvantage associated with live blackjack is that the games can only be played in real money mode. Due to the high costs of operation involved in the game, casinos only let you play the game using real cash. However, the bet limits and payout odds are much better than those of the land based casino gaming.
|1||WildTornado Casino Review||Welcome Bonus €100 + 100 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|
Play Blackjack On Mobile
Do you know that you can play blackjack online on your mobile phone? For instant action, online casinos allow you to play blackjack through your browser. For this, all you need is an active internet connection. However, there’s also the download channel, which not only lets you download an application but also enables you to have access to a full suite of unique games on your device.
Playing blackjack on your mobile offers you numerous other advantages that include but not limited to the following:
- You can play blackjack conveniently on the move
- You can deposit, play real money blackjack, win real cash, and withdraw your winnings in less than 5 minutes
- You can stream live blackjack games through your mobile phone
You Can Claim Your Bonuses On From Your Mobile Too!
Perhaps the most significant advantage of playing blackjack online and on the mobile is the ability to claim different bonuses and participate in promotions. Bonuses and promotions enable you to play the game risk free using the cash offered by the house. Some of the bonuses you can claim include:
- Welcome bonus: Awarded when you sign up at the casino
- Reload bonus: Offered through the reload bonus promotion. It lets you get bonus money for all the reloads you make after the initial deposit
- Cashback bonus: Popular among highly rated online casinos, the cashback bonus is a percentage of the loss you’ve incurred at the casino deposited directly to your account
All in all, blackjack is easy to learn the game, but tough to master. If you are interested in knowing how to play the game, visit some of the recommended Singapore friendly online casinos. Play the game for free before committing your hard earned money. Free to play blackjack game is perfect for you to horn your skill and perfect some of the strategic moves you learn.
How Is The Value Of The Hand Determined In Online Blackjack?
The value of your hand is usually determined by the sum of the cards that you are holding. Cards with a face value of 1-10 retain their face value; King, Queen, and Jacks are valued at 10 while the Ace is valued as either 1 or 11 – it’s up to you to pick a value that gives you a better winning chance than the dealer.
Can I Play Blackjack Online For Free?
All software based games are usually playable for free. The demo version is usually available to enable you to familiarize yourself with the game’s rules or perfect a certain strategy before staking real cash. The demo version usually has all the features that the real money game has to offer.
However, when you choose to play the live version of the game, you have to stake real money. This is usually because of the huge operation costs for live games.
What Is A Blackjack?
Many know ‘blackjack’ as the name used to refer to the casino game. But beyond this, it also has another meaning. It’s used to refer to a hand that has been dealt two cards that sum up to 21. For instance, a King and an 11; an Ace valued at 11 and a ten value card, etc. Blackjack is also referred to as a ‘Natural’ and pays out at odds of 3:2
What Is Live Casino Blackjack?
Live casino blackjack is a form of playing this card game, with real croupiers involved instead of dealing with the software. The games offered through the live casino are usually streamed live from a land based casino or studios located in different parts of the world.
I Recently Came Across The Word ‘Bet Behind Feature’, What Does It Mean?
Bet behind feature is an innovative feature that’s limited to live blackjack. This option is usually available when you’ve visited a blackjack table and found it full. You can then proceed and bet on the players seated at the table and the hands that they are making.
Can I Win Real Money Playing Online Blackjack Singapore?
Yes, it’s possible to win real money while playing online blackjack Singapore. However, this is only possible if you wager real money.
What Are The Odds Of Winning?
Blackjack is known as one of the games at the casino with the lowest house edge – averaging between 0.5% and 2%.
Can A Strategy Help Me Reduce The House Edge?
Yes, a proper strategy can help you reduce the house edge significantly. However, you need to know how to use this strategy perfectly to increase your winning chances.
|1||WhiteLion Casino Review||Welcome Package up to €3500 + 50 Free Spins||Claim Bonus|